Job Title: Systems Administrator
System Administrator will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems and infrastructure that support core organizational functions. The System Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and databases. The System Administrator will participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the business needs of their organization. The System Administrator will actively resolve problems and issues to limit work disruptions within the company by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing networked software and associated operating systems.
Position Duties/ Responsibilities:
• Develops and modifies internal application, operating, or database systems.
• Evaluates the internal technical needs of an organization and recommend solutions
• Defines system and functional requirements
• Assesses available technologies to create development specifications.
• Oversees testing and debugging tasks on application software and/or operating systems software
• Documents all programming and systems changes
• Oversees current and future business process models.
• Provides technical support, training, and troubleshoots software application related issues.
• Performs installation, configuration, and tuning of systems/databases
• Diagnoses and resolves system problems and errors, installs upgrades, patches and runs necessary system backups
• Upgrade and configure software and computer systems in support of business and facility applications.
• Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization Identifies and analyzes the logical database structure for the company’s current and future needs.
• Ensures integrity of database system by developing, documenting, and enforcing security procedures and access controls.
• Collaborates with various departments to identify needs; refines system to maximize multipurpose uses.
• Will be expected to perform other related duties and assignments requested or directed.
• Will work in office setting
• Regularly required to sit at a computer for long periods of time
Location: Nashville, TN
Job Category: Information Technology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical team members
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superior understanding of computer, software systems
• Strong working knowledge of SQL database management, Wisys WMS administration
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a closely related field
• Minimum 3-5 years experience as a systems administrator
• Experience with Macola highly preferred
• Experience with EDI
← Back to All Listings