The COVID-19 pandemic has brought many changes throughout foodservice. Operators everywhere are adjusting to the new, “socially-distanced” normal with a heavy focus on patio dining, take-out, and delivery. While foodservice professionals have been forced to adapt on the fly, consumers have made their pandemic food preferences clear.
Over four months in, there is now enough information to evaluate and predict what is popular among consumers and what they are seeking in a dining experience during the era of COVID-19. Here are ten trends to watch for as the pandemic persists through the second half of 2020:
- Perception of dining as a COVID getaway
- Sustained emphasis on comfort foods
- Prominence of Online Ordering
- Clean Eating to Stay Healthy
- Contactless Dining Innovations
- Growth in Plant-Based Selections
- More Transparency in Sanitation Measures
- Increased Limited Time Offers on Menus
- Creating a Stress-Free Dining Experience
- Popularity of Visually Appealing, “Instagramable” Dishes
Get ahead and incorporate several of these top trends into your business to offer customers what they want and finish 2020 strong.
Chairmans Foods offers the custom solutions to adapt and innovative with tasty entrées, delicious sides, vivacious veggies, and much more. At Chairmans, we provide wholesome and quality comfort foods promised to bring a smile to your face.
For more information on these trendy topics, please read on at Fast Casual.